Saturday, March 4, 2017

Mounting on Wood Panel

Mounting on Wood Panel


I already did one video tutorial on mounting works on paper to wood panel, but that was quite a while ago, so I thought it time for an update.  In this video I start by showing you how I mount the stripes, in sections, to the 12"x36" panels.  Then I show you the next steps - cutting off the overhang, and painting the edges - on a smaller piece.

I always cut my substrate paper a quarter inch larger than the panel on which it is to be mounted so that there is a bit of overhang.  The 12" stripes are cut to 12.25"; my 8"x8" pieces begin as 8.25"x8.25".  If you leave more than a quarter inch, the cut-off can interfere with your composition.  I use PVA glue for mounting.  Some artists use acrylic gel medium.




Available link for download