Monday, March 6, 2017

More Bedroom Updates

More Bedroom Updates


My titles are the worst.

Now that I got that piece of information out of the way, I want to show you guys the cool pillows I found at west elm this weekend. I had about 10 things to do today (Im writing this on Sunday), and on the list was to make curtains for our dining area. I did get that done (yeah! Pictures soon!), but something I didnt expect to finish was finish the pillow situation on our master bed. Our IKEA is really close to our west elm here in Atlanta, and as I was driving to IKEA to get a curtain rod to hang the curtains,  I decided to pop into west elm. Dangerous territory. Actually, it always seems that when I go, I either find lots of things I "need," or nothing at all. However, I always enjoy perusing. 

Well, I have been on the hunt for pillows for our bed, and like I posted before, I knew what I had in mind, as far as a color scheme. I love the curtains I hung in there, and knew that I wanted something "Statement making." Whats funny/bad, is that I bought one yard of the ikat fabric seen here to have euros made with, but when I brought it home, I wasnt feeling it. Im okay with it though, because Ill still get pillows made for another room with it (I still love the fabric!). 

 photo 0161BC6C-21B0-4DE6-9D3C-357215F02459_zpsqgi3l5oh.jpg
(the one thats bottom row, second from left)

Anyway, when I popped into west elm, I happened upon the Jacquard leaf euro in "Flax." I loved it! I had seen the bedding before, and really adored it (i actually even considered buying sheets or something to have my window treatments for my bathroom made with. It wouldnt have worked, but I just loved the fabric). So, I got two of those in the euro shams, and also two of the "nomad" shams in king size. I LOVED the peridot color, which is a citron color that is PERFECT in our bedroom. I have long loved the combination of rust and that yellow color. You see it in many a Jcrew catalog. the colors just bounce off and with each other perfectly!!! It was meant to be. It also plays really nicely with the new curtains. 


Without further ado:



 photo 18F0E9A7-751A-4FE9-9215-64FE201A4AE7_zpswlyihmcp.jpg

the colors are a little weird here. less rich than in person, and the pillow shames are a bright citron YELLOW, not lime.


i really, really adore the combo together!


 photo ADEE90E5-A81C-493E-8210-9E77BA2ED1DC_zpspblpzamv.jpg


I kept going in there to look at it. Im a weirdo when it comes to color combinations. The right ones can really send me over the edge! haha.

 photo FEB2240A-2244-4F6F-B13A-F75AE9C0CCD3_zpsrlixswle.jpg

andddd, I bought those frames at goodwill last week! I have the exact same ones in our guest bathroom. They are from Michaels but I got these for a steal at Goodwill for only $5 each. Dont forget the headboard that will also go below them. And I have to fill them with photos - thinking black and white. Maybe even wedding photos if im feeling romantic. :)

 photo EE18C41B-C157-41E6-9A2A-4198CD1680B5_zpsxw4oghsj.jpg

Ignore the tables at the end of the bed. I made a decision on my bench fabric, and Im going to be building the bench legs out of these Target tables! I cant wait to do/share my bench project with you guys. 


its really cozy in our bedroom at night, too:

 photo 871CEA08-38CE-4C33-9617-9C5AC2B83E05_zpshkw7ggnk.jpg

the peach really makes it warm. I love it!

anyway, the end. I love the new bedding!

Available link for download