Sunday, March 5, 2017

My Children Are Not A Burden

My Children Are Not A Burden


I have joked that I cant leave the house with my kids if Im not in a really good mood. Everyone stops us. EVERYONE. I get it - its hard to pass up commenting on twins and a toddler. And my kids are generally quite happy. Theyre practically asking for people to stop and chat.

The one thing people say over and over is how hard it must be. How I have my hands full. How much work raising three kids is. And while, yes, these things can be true, I refuse to imply in front of my children that they are a burden. I always kindly respond that "my kids are absolutely wonderful" and that "Im so lucky". Somehow no one is satisfied by this answer. Of course there are some days when I want to pull my hair out. But, really, I do appreciate that I have pretty great kids.


I just hate the idea of being so negative about our kids. Especially while their impressionable ears are listening. Whats the lesson in that? Whats the message we convey?


At the end of the day, my kids are not a burden. They are a challenge. They keep me busy. They are silly, and fun, and manage to get 62% of every meal on the floor. They are so amazing. Ridiculously cute. And I really mean it when I say Im the lucky one.

Available link for download