Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Monday Made It 2 Silhouette and Debbie Diller in one post!

Monday Made It 2 Silhouette and Debbie Diller in one post!


I’ve officially demolished a Silhouette cutting mat in my first attempts at using it.  But, that is irrelevant because I have made my first Silhouette project.  It’s not particularly awe-inspiring, but it’s a start.


I use numbers to keep track of my students and last year I wrote the numbers on sticks – and just kept them in a container.  Very blah, and uninspired.  What would always happen was, I would misplace sticks that I had chosen because I had nowhere specific for the sticks that had been used…I would also walk around with the holder and misplace that…but I hope all that can be solved.


I’ve created these bright fancy number sticks and holders.  Now every stick has a home, called on or not!  Bonus: everything is bright, so hopefully I can’t misplace anything even if I set the tins in a random place.
Monday Made It - SticksWhy am I glad I used my Silhouette? I DIDN’T HAVE TO CUT ANYTHING!  I printed the circles on colored regular paper, NOT cardstock.  Sent them through the laminator. Then the Silhouette cut them out.  I didn’t have to cut a single circle! 


Hopefully I’ll do something much more fun for next week!  Accepting all Silhouette tips and ideas!  BTW the Tazo Tea Tins are incredibly difficult to recycle!  It was a real chore taking off the labels…even using the goo be gone stuff!


Next, I made these math work station mats.  During summer school I’ve noticed how the kids just love to roll the die as far as possible, and spread the counters all around them, and…well you know how it is.  Even after modeling and explaining, I still catch the odd flying die in the corner of my eye. 


Debbie Diller did think of something for this and on page 40 of her book explains the mats.  I bought the shelf-liner from the Dollar Tree.  Duct tape I made two trips – 40% off at Hobby Lobby and Michaels.  So pretty cheap!
Monday Made It - Math Mats
So there you have it!  My latest creations.
 
To join the linky fun and see what other teachers are creating head over to Taras blog by clicking below:


I won’t be posting again until I finish my back to school packets.  So be on the look out for those.  They’ll be perfect for dual language, bilingual classrooms and regular education teachers looking for some new read alouds and activities.


Happy Monday!
Mrs. Castro

Available link for download