Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My Lovely Husband Part II

My Lovely Husband Part II


Click Here to read Part I

So, a super cool guy had asked me to a concert. I wasnt quite sure whether it was a DATE (cos Im like totally an American teenager from the fifties) or if it was just catching up with someone who was great company and thought I was friend material. Either way, I was looking forward to it. Heaps.

Then something very sad happened. On the 25th of July, my sweet Nanna Tessie passed away. She had been battling dementia for quite some time and her tiny little body finally gave up. She was a super cool chick. I named my business and my blog after her. I loved her a lot. One day Ill tell you the story of how she took me to Cairns on the train when I was about eleven. She made me feel special.
Me and Nanna circa 2000
I remember calling Gavin and telling him I couldnt come to see Liam Finn with him. The show was on the 29th and I would be in Bundaberg with my family for Nannas funeral. He was so sweet and compassionate.

My birthday is the 27th of July. It was a Friday. I felt odd, having a birthday and being happy when my Nanna had just died. I was at work, and a friend phoned our studio to tell me that a handsome English man had just dropped something off for me. It was a birthday gift from Gavin. An album by the Aussie band Old Man RIver. The card said that me and my sisters were to listen to these happy songs on our way to Bundaberg. 

I was blown away by the sweetness and kindness of this man, whom I had only met in real life that one time, but who was so incredibly thoughtful. We did listen to those songs and we did smile.

That weekend was filled with remembering Nanna. Celebrating her and being with my crazy family. We are quite a noisy lot, but I remember finding a quiet moment to tell my mum and dad about this lovely Englishman, whos kindness had made the last few difficult days a little bit easier.

I was little nervous about what would happen when I returned home. I felt like something important was about to happen. I hoped I wasnt wrong...

post signature

Available link for download