Sunday, January 29, 2017

More updates!

More updates!


We just got back from vacation this weekend, though its hard to go back to work and our normal schedule. We were in NY and had a fabulous time! Ill post a recap of some of the fun things we did while we were there last week.

I did manage to find time yesterday to change some things up in our living room/library.  I bought 6 square picture frames from Ikea in NY that Ive been looking at forever... so I ended up returning the ones from Target, and I think the new option is much better.  I had originally wanted these frames a long time ago, but I couldnt figure out how to successfully get them home. Theyre pretty big and I was a little hesitant that we could get them home without breaking, but we boxed them up and checked them on our flight home and it worked out well.  I really like them, I cant wait to get the prints that will go in the frames!  I think their scale is a little better than the silver frames were and the frames dont take your eye from the prints. 

I also got two chairs for the room while shopping on Sunday. I came across these brightly patterned chairs and the green is actually perfect for the room.  Im trying them out for a few days to see how they fit in the room and decide on them. I had actually started to think, before I even found these chairs, that if I put cream/beige chairs and a neutral ottoman in here it would get a little boring.  So, what do you think about these patterned chairs? Im planning to add a couple more coordinating fabrics to tie everything together if I keep them.  Here are some pictures I took with my iPhone, so theyre not the best.


My one hesitation about them is that they have dark legs, which kind of stick out when I look at them, but I may be over-analyzing. Im considering painting them a white or distressed gray, so they coordinate a little better, but dont match the rest of the room exactly. 

Available link for download