Saturday, January 28, 2017

My Top 13 Products of 2013

My Top 13 Products of 2013


There are two days that make sense for a "Best of the Year" post: New Years Eve and New Years Day. Unfortunately, I am a procrastinator. If youre being generous, you could call me a prioritizer. However, that train of thought is only consistent if my priorities are:
  1. Actual Important Stuff
  2. Watching Arrested Development in My Pajamas
  3. Not-Quite-So-Important Stuff That I Still Made a Commitment To Do
For my "top products of 2013", I am not looking a products that were released in 2013 (since Im not Temptalia so I dont try shit right when it comes out) and Im not looking at products that I tried for the first time in 2013 (since thanks to my previously-acknowledged procrastination, that method would require a fair bit of reflection). Rather, for simplicitys sake, Im looking at my favorite products that I reviewed in 2013. These are the products that, in my opinion, deliver on quality, cost-per-ounce, and excitement value. In no particular order:

1. Sleek i-Divine Acid Palette

Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: It feels like a cop-out to say "This is awesome because it is cheap", but Im going to say it anyways. At $9.99 for 0.36 ounces, this is the most cost-effective neon eyeshadow palette on the market. Its vibrant, pigmented, and inexpensive as fuck.

My eyeshadow skills are seriously SO MUCH BETTER, you guys.

2. Paul and Joe Color Powder in Inseparables

Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: This is a creamsicle orange blush that feels like a wearable coral. It gives the perfect natural finish without being overly or insufficiently pigmented. And, seriously, dont pretend you dont see how beautiful that packaging is. I could stare at it all day.


3. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rapture

 Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: Rapture is the ideal mix of "this is totally a natural shade that you could wear while doing adult things like your taxes" and "WOOO THERE IS PURPLE". Add in their lovely sheen and excellent lasting power and its hard to find fault. This is one of the only makeup products that I keep in my purse in case I urgently need lipstick for some reason.



4. TheBalm Time Bomb Concealer in Lighter than Light

 Original Review: Here



Why Its Awesome: Not only does theBalms color range do justice to those of us who are fair-skinned, this product has ample coverage and a lightweight formula that makes it suitable for both undereye circles and blemishes. As an added bonus, this huge pot will last forever!

5. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Taupe

Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: This cream formula adds definition to my brows without looking penciled on. Its easy to use and to build up to any desired level of intensity.


6. Sigma Beauty Crème de Couture Eyeshadow Palette

 Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: Its hard not to get excited about such vibrant, pigmented pastels. This palette is completely unlike anything else. Beyond that, its significant in size! At $32 for 0.85oz, I paid a mere $37.65 per ounce of product here.


7. Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow

 Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: Hollow is so easy to use and blend that it makes contouring virtually foolproof. Even flat-faces like myself can fake cheekbones with its easily blendable formula and natural-looking, shadow-mimicking color. Its the holy grail of contouring for pale skin.


8. NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Blue

 Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: Not only is this color electric, this eyeliner is all-but-permanent. This will last through tears, face-rubbing, and exercise, all while being the color of an aquarium crayfish.


9. My Pretty Zombie "Drugs Like Me" Blush in MDMA

 Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: MDMA is a natural, glowing pink with a huge kick of golden shimmer. Its the kind of universally flattering shade that will remind you of springtime and/or let you plaster your love of springtime on your face.


10. LORAC Pro Palette

 Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: The LORAC Pro Palette is, by a large margin, the best neutral palette I have ever tried. The wide range of shades and the 50/50 mix of mattes and shimmers makes this versatile as fuck. The shadows are so buttery and smooth that they blend like nobodys business-- making it a great "I AM IN A HUGE RUSH BUT AM TRYING TO PRETEND THAT I HAD ENOUGH TIME TO PUT ON EYESHADOW" palette. These eyeshadows are my standard for what quality eyeshadow should be like.


11. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation

Original Review: Here (And the tutorial that got more peoples attention here.)


Why Its Awesome: This foundation has almost unparalleled coverage and a natural-looking finish. It also lasts effectively and has a decent color-range for fair skin. Plus, at $22.35 per ounce, it is super reasonably priced.

12. Shiro Curaga Mineral Highlight

 Original Review: Here


Why Its Awesome: This product is a recipe for cheekbones that go "Pow". You + Brush + Curaga Highligher = Everyone will think you are going to poke their eye out with your face bones.


13. Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

Original Review: Here

Pixie Epoxy giving a boost to Fyrinnaes Are You My Mummy?, Glitterboi, and Pteranodon.

Why Its Awesome: This product is a miracle for loose eyeshadows, keeping them on your face, enhancing their color, and bringing out characteristics that would otherwise be hidden.

Available link for download